ServicesVPLS / WAN
Here, at United Net Connect we know all there is to know when it comes to areas such as VPLS and WAN services. While it may appear complex and difficult to understand, our team are on hand to provide you with the solutions your school is looking for.
Put simply, a VPLS / WAN network connects your organisation with other sites without having to physically connect them. Your organisation is able to share services and resources whilst being 100% secure over a high speed network link. This process can be incredibly cost effective, and it also reduces hardware, licensing and maintenance costs. It will also give you the reassurance you need in terms of your online data. See below a brief explanation into our VPLS/WAN services.
Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS)
- Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLS) is a class of VPN that supports the connection of multiple sites in a single bridged domain, over a managed IP/MPLS network
- VPLS presents an Ethernet interface to customers, simplifying the LAN/WAN boundary for Service Providers and customers
- It also enables rapid and flexible service provisioning
- All services in a VPLS appear to be on the same LAN, regardless of location
- VPLS uses edge routers that can learn, bridge and replicate on a VPN basis
- These routers are connected by a full mesh of tunnels, enabling any-to-any connectivity
wide area network (WAN)
- A wide area network (WAN) is a network that exists over a large-scale geographical area
- A WAN connects different smaller networks, including local area networks (LANs) and metro area networks (MANs)
- This ensures that computers and users in one location can communicate with computers and users in other locations
- WAN implementation can be done either with the help of the public transmission system or a private network
- A WAN connects more than one LAN and is used for larger geographical areas
- WANs are similar to a banking system, where hundreds of branches in different cities are connected with each other in order to share their official data
Let United Net Connect give you the security your school needs!